What happens when I come in for an appointment?
Hi everyone! Today I'm going to walk you through what your first appointment might look like here at Vivo Family Medicine. Everyone is a little bit different, so your appointment might not go exactly like this, but here is what you might expect!
1) You'll be greeted at our front desk by our friendly Patient Services Associate, Maya! Maya will take your health card information (make sure to bring this)!
2) Maya will give you a copy of our clinic policies, which you can read and sign.
3) Maya will let you know approximately how long it will be until you can see the doctor. Depending on the amount of time until you see the doctor, you might be invited to take a seat in our waiting room.
...or, Maya might invite you to come back at a certain time! In that case, you may wish to visit the many wonderful cafes, bakeries, and shops in the area. Make sure to come back on time for your appointment!
5) When it's time to see the doctor, Doctor Kadhim will call your name!
6) You enter the exam room with Dr. Kadhim!
7) Depending on your health care needs, Dr. Kadhim might collect some health information from you, such as medication and allergies. He will address any health concerns you might have and as well as talk to you about prevention and screening! Your measurements might also be taken by Maya.
8) At the end of the appointment, some of the things might happen include: talking to Maya to schedule in a follow-up appointment, going to the laboratory for further tests, and/or receiving a prescription from Dr. Kadhim.
And that's about it! Review our clinic policies online if you'd like to get a head start in your appointment, and feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.